Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Day Off with Jewel Bug

Our babysitter had to go out of town today, so I took the day off from work to hang out with my Jewel Bug.  We had plans to do some birthday shopping/planning for her upcoming party, but the day was just too beautiful to spend in doors.  So we made a playdate with Aunt Julianna and Cousins Payton and Macey.  The plan was to meet at 11:30 at Chili's for lunch and then go to the park, but Aylin had a little accident.
We get a few mice every time the seasons change, and so at night we lay out the traps.  Well I forgot to pick one up this morning, and of course, AJ found it.  So there she was with a glue trap stuck to her!  She pulled it off and dropped it on her clothes then got her hands stuck together!!  I stripped her down absolutely yelling every time she reached for her hair with those sticky hands, and we got in the sink and started washing.  Well let me tell you what DID NOT work:
(1) soap and water
(2) Peroxide
(3)Witch Hazel
(4) Germ-X
Admittedly, I am starting to panic a little because nothing is pulling off the sticky, thankfully NON-TOXIC, glue and now it is also all over my hands too.  Now before you ask, we had thrown away all the boxes so I didn't have an emergency section to read or I thought. Then I remembered I had hidden an opened box, I found it and read: "Keep away from pets and children." Well duh, and oops :)  "In case of skin/fur contact, wash with vegetable oil." VEGETABLE OIL!!! So we took a bath in vegetable oil and it WORKED!!  We then took another almost bath in Germ-X just for good measure.  Of course, I had to take a couple of pictures after the fact which you see above.

We finally made it to Chili's, only 20 mins late, and then to the park to play.
And now for a little catch up...I can't believe my baby girl is 23 months old and we are getting ready for her 2nd birthday party!  Here are a few pics of Aylin in the dog's cage with her "Es" and "Bubba!"
I wanted to share these because it was a gift from Pampers!  We have used Pampers diapers since her birth and registered all those "Points to Grow" Rewards.  We have earned over 4,000 and bought this with the rewards points; they shipped it for free!
 


No comments: