Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Consignment Steal/Aylin's Favorite Toy/Counting to 5

As a mom on a budget, I try to hit consignment sales for clothes and get hand-me-downs from friends.  Every now and then I find a great little toy; for example, two years ago, at about this time, we bought Aylin a rocking horse for $10 which we saved until Christmas.  This year I found this:
It is a Kleinway Baby Grand Piano, in great condition and I paid $15 for it!  A friend prompted me to do some research, and I found a few shops that sale these for $95-120, and on eBay and Craigslist they are $70 and up!  Let me just say this, this is the best $15 I have spent thus far; Jewel Bug LOVES her piano!
 
And finally a video to let you listen to what we have been hearing since Thursday night:
If you listen closely AJ counts to five at the end of the video, the sound only catches the 4 and the 5 because 1, 2, and 3 were so soft.  It was the first time I heard her count CORRECTLY!  Normally she just skips around all the numbers from 1-10, normally saying 6 and 7 three or four times.  I love this girl and love watching her play her new piano :)

No comments: