Monday, November 5, 2012

E is for Excitement!

My baby girl wrote her name for the 1st time!
(3 1/2 years old)
I knew she could do this, but she is very stubborn.  She always says "I can't do this or that" sometimes while she is actually doing it.  I think it may just be away for her to get attention, but thus is our life right now with Aylin Jewel.  :) Anyway, I wanted her to write her name and she wanted to paint a picture of Dora the Explorer.  So I told her if she tried to write her name I would let her paint.  (No, I'm not ashamed of my bribery skills.) 
She looked at me and said, "fine, mommy!" and wrote the A, Y, and L by herself.  Next, she looked at me and said, "I can't do it."  
I said, "Sure you can.  What letter is next? A, Y, L, ?" 
A: I! 
Me: Start at the top...
A: Go straight down and give it a top and bottom! (As she wrote the I) I can't do the N, mommy.
Me: Yes, you can. Start at the top...
A: Okay, but I'm painting after this!  (She wrote the N)
Me: 10 minutes worth of exciting celebrations before we painted! :)

Other school activities included: E is for Elijah and the 7 days of Creation.

We also went to story time, the zoo, and mommy and me free play at a gymnastics center to get some E-E-E-Exercise ;)
 E is for Elephant!  Hilton, Payton, Aylin, and Macey checking out the elephants.
 I LOVE going to the zoo and eating our lunch with the monkeys :)

On Friday, Bobby headed out of town for a youth retreat and I had a Ladies retreat, so my mom drove to Hernando to watch Aylin and the dogs.  Saturday she brought Aylin out to Collierville and we walked around the mall for a while.  She and my dad bought Aylin a Build-a-Bear!

No comments: