Monday, November 12, 2012

W Week

W Week Was Wonderful!  
Bible stories were about Worship, The Wise Man, and the Woman at the Well.
Our number was 8.
 We have now been through all the letters in her first and middle name and only have 3 left to complete her last name: F, R, and S.  We taped off the letters and she finger, really HAND, painted with her favorite colors, pink and purple.  Then she added blue and yellow because "2 colors are not enough!"
 We also went on a wagon walk, made a web out of spaghetti noodles and marshmallows, and took a wondrous wash with left over glow sticks from Halloween :) This was fun.  The pics I'm sharing on the internet are dark so you could get the full effect.  We kept the hallway light on throughout the bath so she could see a little more clearly.

Not too long ago I read a blog post by Cindy Colley that mentioned letting your children help and see you cook or make things for other people, but also for them.  So in honor of Aylin turning 3 1/2 we had a special day for her.  She picked out her cake mix, icing, and sprinkles and we had a fun day of baking.  We made confetti cake, with chocolate glaze, and strawberry icing.  Oh, and of course, SPRINKLES!  I love this girl!
Notice the "W" written in chocolate glaze, we counted it towards school ;)
And now for a Hilton story that happened last week.  
Aylin thought Hilton would love to play with her Tiger.  So...  
Top picture: during belly time she introduced him to Tiger. 
Bottom picture (my favorite): Mommy made the Tiger growl, apparently quite convincingly, and moved it closer to him.  Notice HI's eyes.
Top picture: Mommy started talking, saying things like Hi Hilton, I'm the Tiger.  God made me on day six.  Do you like my cool stripes?
Bottom picture (my 2nd fave): He turns and sees me sitting right there and gave me that beautiful grinning face :)  He actually seemed very surprised to see me, almost like he thought the Tiger was really talking to him.  I love this kid.


No comments: