Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Recent Happenings and Favorite Photos Recap #1:Chicago

Our family vacation to Chicago.  
We had a great week there with my best friend from high school.  We did as many of the touristy things that we could squeeze into each day :)  Our first stop was touring Lincoln's home in Springfield.
Stop #2 was the Skydeck at Willis Tower.  Aylin and I loved it, but Bobby and Hilton not so much.
Stop #3 was a mother/daughter date at American Girl Place!  All I can say is Wow!  People are crazy! and yes, I am one of those crazies.  Never, in my wildest dreams, would I have thought I would be in a doll store and spending money on those things.  You know that saying, "Never say never," I ate those words with gusto when I took baby girl to this place and bought a her her very firstAmerican Girl doll.  Her face and smiles were completely worth it!
Stop #4 was the Navy Pier :)
Stop #5 was the Chicago Children's Museum.
 
Stop #6 was the Buckingham fountain and Bean.
Stop #7 was the most amazing aquarium I have ever visited!  The Shedd!  They had a baby beluga, dolphin, and otter and the show with the dolphins and belugas was just as good as being at Sea World!
Stop #8 was the Lincoln Park Zoo where we got to see lots of baby monkeys, a baby gorilla, and a baby rhino.  The kids really loved the farm set up at this zoo.  This was a mommy and the kids day as Bobby got to go to Wrigley Stadium to watch his beloved Braves play the Cubs!
Stop #9 was a couple of days with my kids' Great Granny McCall!
Aylin took these shots of the family:
Aylin no longer wants to be a fairy princess when she grows up, now she wants to be a chiropractor like Aunt Beanie!

No comments: