Saturday, August 16, 2014

Our 1st Full Week w/ Aylin @ Kindergarten

My week was great, after all it was Shark Week! 
This week started out great with Aylin being excited for school but at some point on Tuesday she started crying, so much that her teacher had to get another teacher (a friend of ours) to come talk to her, and so it began.  She cried Weds morning so much that the teacher called me and after I had talked to some other mommas about this behavior we bribed her: no crying at school and no card pulling (their behavior system) for the rest of the week and we would get her the Elsa doll she so badly wanted.  She pulled it together and had a good rest of the day and came home with a smiley face.  On Thursday she cried before school, but no tears at school and came home with a smiley face and on Friday she only whined before school, no tears and another smiley face!  The whole thing took me by complete surprise, all she would say was that she missed her mommy and toys and wanted to go home.  If you know Aylin, this is SOOO not like her.  She would rather be ANYWHERE other than home most of the time.  We think she is just way too tired, she is just not use to being up so early and even with the earlier bed time she is just not getting enough sleep.  We are hoping for a tear free week next week, but my mother reminds me that she had to drag my sister to school up till the 3rd grade! LOL  
Friday night we met my parents for dinner and went to the mall to ride the carousel and go to the Disney store and then went to Target and got a cheaper Elsa :)  Also Friday after school, a local photographer took a group shot of the Hernando Kindergarten class at a local park :) No where near the entire Class of 2027 showed up, b/c I think I heard there were 13 Kindergarten classes each with at least 25 kids, but here is a shot of the group I got with my cell phone:
This was such a great idea!  I plan on getting one of her Kindergarten Bible class too :)
The boys had a great week.  Besides watching Shark Week, on Tuesday we met some friends at the Knowledge Tree Story-time, we always have a good time there.
And some random pics from one day:


No comments: