Monday, April 27, 2009

Update

We are still in the hospital. My protein levels are still increasing and Aylin's fluid has dropped down .2 to an even 7. My blood pressure is generally okay as long as I am on my meds and reclined in some manner. The doctor has put a 15 minute limit on my visitors because my blood pressure tends to sky rocket when I am talking for long periods of times. Go figure. Me having a problem with talking too much! :) (I've been in trouble for that since I was in daycare.) We had another ultrasound today and besides the fluid level everything with baby girl looks GREAT! I think the plan is to repeat all blood tests and urine tests every couple of days and my next ultrasound will probably be later on in the week.

I had my first bad night on Saturday. It had been a busy day and my blood pressure went crazy (166/104) so they gave me a high dose blood pressure med, starts with a P, which lowered my BP so fast that I started having chills, you could feel heat seeping through my skin but I had no fever, and my head slowly started pounding. Within a few hours, every circumference of my head and neck were pulsating and I could not move because of the pain. They gave me Tylenol 3 or some type of pain killer (2 every 3 hrs or so) but they did not seem to do a thing. It was like every migraine I have ever had all wrapped up into one. I spent most of Sunday recovering from the night and the pain and I have a note on my chart to not be given one of those things again! But, I am now on a low-dose BP med twice a day because whithout it my BP gets to high.

1 comment:

LeAnne Grissom said...

I have been there with the blood pressure problem, but it was after Curtis was born. I am so excited that you guys are having a girl. Everytime we go by Smyrna I look at your old house and think about you guys. Hope everything goes good, I know it will. Can't wait to see the little Miss.