Monday, April 22, 2013

V Week; Great Granny Turns 80; Spring Banquet 2013; 10 Months

It was a very busy week.  We made a volcano for V week. :)  I saw it on a blog called Play At Home Mom and Aylin really enjoyed making the "pretty volcanoes erupted again, RUN!"  It is just baking soda, food coloring, and vinegar.  She also found this stick that looked like a V and brought it to me; she was so proud of herself :)
We had our Gospel Meeting at Southaven and then at the end of the week we had our annual Spring Banquet.  This is basically a Prom Alternative for our 9-12th graders.  I think this is my favorite group shot of the kids and then I threw in one of the hubby and myself on the carriage ride.
 
KiKi babysat for us and this is what we came home to:
On Saturday we woke up and drove to Blytheville, AR for my grandmother's 80th birthday party!
 Payton D, Hilton J, Aylin J, Brianna T, Riley T, Great Granny McCall, Macey D, Olivia T, and Ian T
 Our family shot :)
 Above: My cousin brought her 3 month old twin girls :) 
Below: I love this shot of the "big" girls playing outside.  That is Aylin and Payton with Kanon, who is actually a Great-great grandkid :)
Hilton also turned 10 months old!  Here he is with his little friend Annalise at church one night this past week.  Hilton is eating everything you give him, but still not drinking out of a sippie cup.  He still just scoots around backwards on is belly but has now started scooting on his bottom too.  He has 4 teeth with another one on the way, I think.
We also have the swingset almost finished :) I saw on Pinterest how to make an outdoor chalkboard, so I made one for Aylin and the hubby attached it to the tower.  We still need a few bags of mulch and then the sand for the sand box area.  She has the circular swing, a regular swing, a glider, a baby swing, the tower, chalkboard, slide, and a fireman's pole.  We also put together the trampoline, which is a birthday gift from Bobby's parents and us.

No comments: