Friday, June 6, 2014

Trying to Love Summer

 Normally, the kids and I love our summer, but it has been hard so far.  Positive thing: I am 35 weeks today :) Unfortunately, I am still on bed rest and the hardest part of that is that I am not out doing things with these two.  We haven't even been swimming yet this summer, not even in their kiddie pool - LOL - We did finally get the sprinkler out so they could cool off and make more muddy puddles :)  Louie was not a fan!  I don't have much longer, 5 weeks at the most, but more than likely just a week or 2, and hopefully I will be able to recover at a decent rate and be able to enjoy the rest of the summer with ALL 3 of my babies!!!!  :)
The pictures below are from a play date with their friends James and Isaiah, Mrs. Edy has been helping us out during my doctor's appointments.  The kids have also got to attend a few devotionals and one of daddy's softball games, but I don't have any pics from those events.
Aylin got to go to VBS at the Forest Hill church of Christ, or daddy's preaching college as she called it once.  Our friend, Rachael, took her along with some other friends.  She had a great time and I am so thankful she got to get out of the house for a little while :)  Truth be told, this whole bed rest thing is pretty rough on her too ;)
 I caught this the other day and it was just cute :) Daddy is having to work at home a lot these days and I came into the kitchen to refill my water and peeked around the corner into the living room and found Hilton "working" right along with his daddy :)
Aylin's T-ball season is pretty much over, they still have a few make-up games but I am not entirely sure we will get to make it to all of them because of some other events going on this week.  Another friend, Rachel, took the team and individual pics the other night.  AJ got to play with her friends Melanie and Titus again this year; her friend Landrey also played and Landrey's daddy Mr. Jack was her coach :)  Aylin will have to move up divisions next year and we won't get to pick our teams anymore, I know I will miss her getting to play with our Christian family.
SO my cravings have all of a sudden become pretty bad :)  Well I guess the grilled chicken and veggies aren't bad, but I know all the chocolate is not so good.  I made my mom go get me a bag of dark chocolate just the other day and I have been fighting the urge to make someone buy me those bags of mini reese cups and kit kats :)
 Louie has been the BEST bed rest buddy!  I have a feeling he may not like it when Little Mr. Weston gets here, sorry big boy!  I promise I will still love you even though we are not just lying around in the bed all day, every day.

No comments: