Saturday, May 24, 2014

AJ's 1st Triathlon :)

This morning, after a healthy chocolate doughnut with sprinkles, my big girl participated in her very 1st triathlon, the Mighty Guy Little Tri, here in Hernando.  She left the house pretty nervous and wasn't really sure what to expect, but her daddy said she seemed to have a great time, except that it was HOT, she did complain that it was too hot until she got to play in the water. I think I noticed on the group's website that they had around 300 kids participate in the race this morning!  It was set up by ages and Bobby said the ages had multiple groups in them.  Aylin was in the 5 yr old, blue group ("that is not her favorite color," but she survived it).  I don't know the actual distances, but they had to run a sprint, then ride their bike or scooter, and finally, "the fun part," they got to run through the fire trucks spraying their water hoses!  I need to send this link to your old physical therapist and your pediatric orthopedic :) I can't help but remember him, the PO, telling us that "you would never be a track star without having hip surgery," (we did not have the extensive surgery) but daddy said you did great today, that you ran hard, and gave it your all!  We are so proud of you!  Baby girl, I am so sorry I am having to miss so much with you right now, but I am so glad you decided to do this and that you came home SOOO excited about it!

No comments: