Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Joint Birthday Party

I had decided to have Aylin and Hilton's birthday party together once I found out my due date was in July.  I tend to have problematic pregnancies and just thought it would be better to do a small scale party for both kiddos at the same time before I got too far along.  So we rented a park pavilion and were just going to let the kids play with their friends and have some cake and ice cream.  Unfortunately, I should have had the party 2-3 months ago because I got put on bed rest way too early - lol - then, as it has EVERY year on the day of Aylin's birthday party, it decided to rain :( But never fear, we had some friends come to the rescue.  My mom spent the night with us Friday night and iced the cakes and was there to help Bobby get the kids ready and to the party, the Risters' volunteered to host the party at their house for us b/c of the mud at the park and Shannon also Face Timed with me throughout the party so I could pretend to be there, Edy Cozort took pictures for me, and Suzanne Wofford took some videos at the party on our iPad.  Despite the last minute change of location and the fact that I wasn't able to really be there, I think everyone seemed to have a great time and although Hilton didn't care, Aylin got to have her party with her friends :)  We are so very thankful to all that could be there and especially those  who pulled extra duty for me :) Here are a few of my favorite shots from the party:
*Aylin Jewel*
*Hilton Isaiah*
*Group Shots*

No comments: