Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 4 (Tuesday)

 She woke up ready to go see the water on this day...
AND, for the first time, she really LOVED it!!
I really think she was laughing at her daddy here.  If you look into the waves you can see a little spec being knocked over, that is her daddy :)
 We sat under our umbrella playing in the sand and watching daddy try to boogie board for about 30 mins until finally she was ready to walk to the water:
 I love the shots above, Aylin Jewel and her daddy walking to the water together.  In the last one you can really see how proud daddy was too ;) 
On our walk back to the car, Aylin found these little flowers growing on the beach and she picked a lot of them.  In fact, I am still finding parts of flowers and SAND, for that matter, in my car!
After lunch, we decided to take the Ferry out to Dolphin Island and tour the military fort out there.  It was a lot of fun, and Aylin was more of a happy tourist this time.  This fort has a better set up than Fort Morgan and is more educational with different posts to read, museums, etc.
 
I JUST HAD TO...
I took the pics below because they would be great for my Social Studies class, then I remembered I wasn't teaching social studies this year :(
When we left Fort Morgan, we headed out to eat and then to have Aylin Jewel's 2 year portraits taken on the beach at sunset.  I am still waiting on them to be mailed to us and am very anxious to see how they turned out.  Afterwards, we went for ice cream, where Aylin slid through the bench seats and busted her lip pretty badly <--at least it happened AFTER we took pics!  I will post a pic of her boo-boo in tomorrow's post.
We ended the night with a trip to one of those amusement places with arcades, miniature golf, go-carts, and rides...
We did not know that there were water guns on the bumper boats!  We were at the front of the line when it RE-OPENED, needless to say the young kids on the ride with us LOVED soaking us old people, and having Aylin with me didn't help because every time we got sprayed she squealed and giggled and waved!

No comments: