Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Vacation: An Overview


We recently went on our first vacation in 3 years, and it was also Aylin Jewel's first trip to the beach.  We rented a little house (vrbo.com) in a private neighborhood that had private beach access to the Gulf of Mexico.  Our address for the Memorial Day week was in Fort Morgan, AL (just west of Gulf Shores).  It was just the three of us and was great!  Don't get me wrong, I love going places with friends and family, but it's just nice to be "just us."

We went to the beach every morning but Sunday, and Aylin finally liked the beach by the end of the trip :) We also had AJ's 2 year pictures taken one evening on the beach at sunset.  I will post them whenever I receive them from the photographer, and hopefully will change our title picture then.   My plan is to post pics from each day in a new blog post over the next week; we'll see how it works out because you all know how notoriously bad I am at this blogging thing.

This past Monday, I started potty training little Jewel Bug.  We are using the 3-Day Method where you just throw away diapers and put on "big girl panties" and don't leave your house!  We are currently on DAY 4, and still not quite there yet, but getting a little better each day.  It is very tiresome for both of us, but thankfully hasn't been too emotional.

Until the next post, I hope you have enjoyed these shots of the waves.  I know they make me happy!

No comments: